Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WE WILL ROCK YOU!


It was one of the most popular games to ever come out for a home console. Following the trend of DDR and Guitar Hero, Rock Band took it to an entirely new level. With both bass and lead guitars, drums, and a microphone, Rock Band allowed you to gather a couple of friends and live out that dream of touring around the country with thousands of screaming fans, all from the comfort of your own home.

So how would they top it? How could they continue this phenomenon and continue to draw in not only their hardcore fans, but to extend it to even the casual gamer/rocker? I had a chance to talk with John Drake, a member of the Harmonix team that put together Rock Band 2 , to see just what they did to make Rock Band 2 bigger and better than the original and got some fans' take on the game after playing a demo.



After talking with John and the four hot chicks, I had a chance to try out the game myself and my initial review is that this is a chart topping hit in every way possible. Not only was the selection of songs larger, but the graphics were sharper, and the possibility of downloading extras for it made my mouth water at the prospect. I only had a chance to play a demo so I can’t give a full detailed review, but my gut instinct screams as I smash a guitar on stage that this is 10 out of 10. You can pick up Rock Band 2 for XBOX 360 now and expect it out on the Wii and PS3 sometime in the middle of October.

-Ray Carsillo

No comments: